Global Cloud Fleet Inc. (GCF) is a growing company in need of true team players with a desire to succeed. With us you will become a part of a team that takes pride in our ability to be a cutting-edge company that cares about your contributions and believes everyone has a part in our company’s overall success. A leader in innovative IoT services, we provide GPS tracking solutions for local fleets and assets in a Software as a Service (SaaS) model. We are looking for an exceptional Accounting Manager to join our rapidly expanding dynamic team as we continue to improve and expand this technology
How you fit in …
GCF is one of 3 companies started by industry veterans with the goal of capitalizing on the huge market for fleet and asset tracking as part of the Internet of Things (IoT). A small accounting team is currently operating in a shared services model and is responsible for accounting for all 3 companies. With the growth of each of the three companies, there is a need for a dedicated company focus, and we are seeking an Accounting Manager to provide end-to-end accounting services for GCF. The Accounting Manager will work with the existing accounting team to transition away from this model and will provide a full range of accounting services.
The primary responsibilities of the Global Cloud Fleet Accounting Manager will be:
- Under the general supervision of the Chief Executive Officer, and working with the current Shared Services Controller, performs general accounting, maintaining accounting records, and other related duties in daily administration of accounting department.
- Performs accounts payable duties such as vendor setup, verifying accuracy of invoices, processing invoices for payment, ensuring expenditures are charged to appropriate accounts.
- Performs accounts receivable duties such as new customer account setup, reviewing Company generated invoices, invoicing customers, processing credit card charges, collections, and recording payments.
- Maintains the company's system of accounts and keeps books and records on all company transactions and assets.
- Maintains general ledger to include the preparation and entry of journal entries, adjusting entries, coding of invoices, accounts analysis and reconciliation, closing books monthly, and setting up new accounts.
- In conjunction with the management team, determines revenue recognition policies considering both SaaS (monthly service) and non-SaaS (activation fees and hardware) components.
- Performs revenue accounting, maintaining deferred revenue balances and recognizing deferred revenue appropriately.
- Performs monthly bank reconciliations - verifies all deposits and addresses questions and problems from banking institutions.
- Timely and accurately processes and distributes 1099s and W2s and associated tax reports.
- Maintains accounting records for fixed assets.
- Requests, reviews, validates and maintains customer sales tax exemption certificates
- Works with appropriate agencies to ensure accuracy in sales and use tax required registrations and subsequent sales and use tax return filings
- Reviews revenue contracts and bundled elements and processes, records, reconciles and analyzes revenue transactions to ensure proper revenue recognition and allocation.
- Reviews daily cash flow reports and analyzes as required.
- Provides all necessary information to outside CPA as required to ensure timely and compliant tax reporting and associated filing of appropriate tax forms and reports (including payroll, sales tax, and corporate taxes) with respective agencies.
- Initiates EFTs and wires from setup to completion
- Furnishes and updates internal and external financial reports as necessary.
- Maintains the company's chart of accounts and oversees the inputting and maintenance of all company financial transactions and assets.
- Maintains company accounting records in accordance with US GAAP, to a standard sufficient to pass annual and other audits by an independent certified audit firm, as directed by the company's board of directors.
- Prepares financial reports and models for debt and equity investors.
- Maintains the capitalization table and other records of corporate ownership.
- Expands areas of expertise through training courses & seminars or other educational means
Why you fit in …
The successful Accounting Manager will combine a positive, cooperative mindset, a high sense of integrity and work ethics to exercise considerable discretion, handle items of a highly confidential nature, and demonstrate a thorough understanding of financial reporting and associated processes in accordance with Company and GAAP requirements.
MUST have –
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance relevant technical field required
- Minimum 6+ years’ experience in Accounting and/or Finance with a focus on revenue recognition, preferably including experience in a corporate environment with SaaS and software companies
- Knowledge of federal and state financial regulations
- Proven knowledge of revenue recognition
- Proficient in set-up, maintenance and use of QuickBooks
- A stable work history and satisfactory reference and background checks are required of all applicants.
- A clean driving record (current license in good standing) is required for this position.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret the most complex documents.
- Must be able to understand quality standards, methods and reporting as required.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent.
- Thorough understanding of financial reports (GL, Financial Statements, P&L)
- With minimal supervision, demonstrate the ability to solve practical problems, interpret, and resolve problems and issues using a variety of instructions or guides furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Able to work independently to solve complex accounting projects within an allotted timeframe while understanding the necessity for communicating and coordinating work efforts with other employees and organizations.
- Able to work well under pressure and to work within short deadlines.
- Knowledge of vendor maintenance, including setting up new vendor information, obtaining W-9 and communicating to vendors.
- Able to establish and maintain operating procedures for Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Collections, Commissions, Revenue Recognition, COGS, Inventory, Account Reconciliation of the company's Chart of Accounts, monthly, quarterly and annual account closing procedures for the company's financial statements.
- Strong experience with a personal computer. Proficient at effectively using standard Windows applications (word processing, internet, e-mail).
- Advanced knowledge of Excel to include pivot tables and filters.
- Must be able to speak, read, and write fluent, grammatically correct English, at a level suitable for communicating with all levels of contacts for this position.
Nice to have -
- We will likely implement a new accounting system to handle our growth (Eg Netsuite). Experience with accounting software suitable to mid-sized companies is a plus.
- Master's degree in Accounting or Finance
- CPA or CPA candidate in process
Job Type: Full-time
Who we are …
Global Cloud Fleet Inc. a leader in innovative IoT services, provide GPS tracking solutions for local fleets and assets in a Software as a Service (SaaS) model. We source GPS trackers from our sister company Positioning Universal Inc., provide software to collect the information off the trackers, compile and consolidate the data in a 100% cloud based platform, and present the information in a modern GUI to companies throughout North America. Our end customers are local fleets (Electricians, Plumbers) and large fleets including one of the largest couriers in the world. See more at www.ezfleettracking.com. With a management team that is widely recognized as global leaders in wireless services and tracking technologies, we offer the best value for GPS Tracking in the North America.
- A fast paced, highly collaborative work environment where you have a voice and hard work and dedication is the norm
- A family atmosphere with company outings and special events
- Competitive Compensation Packages
- Medical, Dental, Vision, 401k and more!
Interested? Please send your resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org